Saturday 3 April 2010

Dunnottar Castle






Largely due to a lack of decent current pics and also as a special treat for someone I know who loves this place, I decided to post another series of pics of Dunnottar Castle. The top two were taken by me last June. The others I nicked from the web.




I've never seen the castle in snow.....I toyed with the idea a couple of times this year, but the snow was just too bloody deep! The path leading down to the Castle is bad enough in summer.





I liked this painting with rainbow by W.H. Paton (1828-1895). Do you think it was really there or was it artistic licence?.....





.... and this is simply gorgeous.

For more Scenic Sunday posts click here



12 comments:

  1. I love this photo. So beautiful! I like the last one the most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the last photo is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like an isolated but magical place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lonely yet fantastically beautiful place :) Out of your own photos I like the first one best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful scenic shots of the Castle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sea in your first picture is so calm, but I suspect this location can sometimes be ravaged by the elements. Looks like a stunning place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dunottar's a proper castle - nae messin aboot there.

    I always wonder how they howfed all the stones up there. Musta been a bit o a back breaker.

    Decent chippy in neary Stonehaven anaw.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my favourite places to take photos - but the thought of walking that path in snow has brought me out in a cold sweat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cheers Mate! Thank You for trusting me. I'm gonna ride the beast. Burn Baby Burn! All In!!!

    Do You hear My Tribe singing? Check Ouy My World Teuday 2010. NOW! I'll kick nuts or die trieing!!! Bros Help Me! Final Leg. We will Prevail!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOGEyBeoBGM

    Angels Calling. Heart Singing. Sweeeet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, these pics are incredible. What a setting! You've just inspired me to visit this summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your Dunottar sequence. But I don't think I've ever seen a rainbow at quite that angle before. However, it's Art.

    ReplyDelete