Saturday 31 October 2009

It's a Wonderful Life
















Thought I'd celebrate my 200th post with a favourite song of mine. Just so happens to coincide with one of my all time favourite movies.
Unfortunately, I can't find the original. But any version of this song is good.


I hadn't heard the acoustic version before and I think it's superb.


If you're struck by it it you can by the original album for less than a fiver from Amazon.


Go on....do yourself a favour.


http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wonderful-Life-Black/dp/B000026GZT/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1256990196&sr=1-3

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Neil! I never heard this song before, it's...well...wonderful. As is the film, which is one of my favourites, too. Bless Frank Capra, and Jimmy Stewart. You have a wonderful blog, Neil. Here's to another 200! Lizzy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was about to ask what the film was. Thank you, ER, for sparing my daft blushes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had not heard that song before, Neil.

    The acoustic version made me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and I forgot to ask... what movie is it really from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't heard this for years (definitely my" era!) but I would never have known who sang it .... thanks for that acoustic version .... very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As far as I'm aware it's not from a movie.....It just shares the title of Frank Capra's 'It's A Wonderful Life'

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too bought this first time round - but it works whenever, not dated really has it? (or maybe it has and I'm just "stuck" lol)

    ReplyDelete