Tuesday 21 April 2009

Applecross to Gairloch














Back to the Applecross road. Picturesque in the extreme. I was up and down this road a number of times, principally to get to the Applecross Inn for their marvellous food. It was around a 50 mile trip but well worth it. Between the scenery and the fish n chips at the end of it it was a great day out.
For those of you who remember me going on about a recent TV prog based in Applecross, it was called 'Monty Hall's Great Adventure' . So Google it and you may just see what I meant.
My pics don't really do justice to the area. You have to see it for yourself.
If you're ever in Scotland it's a must do.
If you click to enlarge, you'll see on the bottom pic, mussel farms. They grow the mussels on lines.
For more Watery Wednesday posts click here












12 comments:

  1. another set of beautiful Scottish photos.......

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful country! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful views! Scotland has amazing landscapes, I know - I have been there. Twice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How I wish I could visit the place. It's so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful - You've captured beautiful scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful vistas, it would be a wonderful drive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!

    My Watery Wednesday is here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely photos of the calm ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure your photos do justice to the area as they are absolutely fabulous. All those colours and the water and the soft lines of the mountains are simply amazing. Thanks for this scenic post. I very much enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful photos of a beautiful country. Thanks for sharing

    Gunilla in Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such classic beauty. You've done a wonderful job of capturing the light.

    ReplyDelete