Thursday 2 April 2009

What rhymes with orange?





Took these last month as the sun was going down within about ten or fifteen minutes of each other. Never ceases to amaze me how everything changes so rapidly at sunset.  This was the exact spot looking west to Carnoustie as I posted last week (Where Sea and Sky Collide). The golden/orange  glow makes it look gloriously warm and serene, but it was bloody freezing! I say golden/ orange but I may be wrong as I'm actually colour blind. (seriously folks!) so if my colour descriptions confuse, forgive me.
Click to enlarge for full effect.

For more Skywatch Friday posts click here

14 comments:

  1. I think "golden-orange" is a pretty good description. And I'm NOT color blind. I love the blue above the golden orange. The last photo is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its great how the clouds fan out on the second photo. It's indeed hard to believe that they were taken so close to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous clouds and sunset sky. Put it in a frame on your wall. Inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours, clouds and the composition work the best in the second image. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're right one minute the sky looks like one thing, the next minute it looks completely different.

    Great shots,

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is amazing how light changes in the sky every second. Great Sky Watch Photo!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truly beautiful vast gorgeous images.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photo of the sunset. Like the way the sun reflected in the sea. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lyrocally beautiful shots. Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definately frameable... all wonderful shots!

    My Skywatch Friday: Sunrise Over Plum Island

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous! The second the clouds blanket the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely Neil, gorgeous colours and love the lined up cloud formation.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What gorgeous sunset photos, and you are right, it does change amazingly fast. Here in KS, the same thing... when I see a fascinating , I RUN to get my camera, because I know it could be gone in a second!

    ReplyDelete