Saturday 11 April 2009

Evergreen



Took a trip down to Evergreen garden centre this afternoon. It was a cracking day and I love visiting this place whether to buy or just browse. The situation is beautiful and I can't for the life of me understand why people go to places like superstores to buy their plants when a place like this exists on their doorstep. It's near Wellbank, just a few miles north of Dundee and it's owned by two guys who are real enthusiasts and experts.





I think it's been up and running for at least 12 years now. I remember going when it was tiny, but it's expanded over the years. The guys are free with their advice and always happy to discuss plants and problems. Their prices are very reasonable but most importantly their plants are always in great condition, as you can see from the top pic.






Just as you approach the garden centre you cross this wee bridge and these are the views from either side of it. Marginally better than the view from B&Q's car park I think.




The centre is situated just to the right of the two trees on the right of this pic and overlooks this BURN!




An added bonus was this butterfly, very early in the year for them in these parts, but I don't think I've ever seen one of these before. Maybe someone can enlighten me?
For more Scenic Sunday posts click here







6 comments:

  1. That's a cracking wee burn!

    And that flutterby is a Peacock Butterfly. Now where can I find that nerd smiley..

    Looks like a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely place to shop for flowers and plants. Thanks for sharing these snippets from your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful area and i love that beautiful butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am so glad I am not the only person who sees a plant nursery as a grand place to explore. Thank you for sharing these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ms tb - your abilities in the Scots vernacular are really coming on! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone else who loves to brouse the homey garden/nursery places. It always seems that I can get a new idea or two. The big boxes always make me sad, as I often see plants dying for lack of water or attention. They set chucked off in a cart, looking longingly for someone to (ah sorry about that)... Anyway loved your photos. We have a small winter creek out the back of our house, and wild turkeys, deer, and the rumor of a bear.

    ReplyDelete