Sunday 5 April 2009

Spring colour





A beautiful spring day today, so I took my first tentative steps out into the garden. I potted up my tomato seedlings and planted some flower seeds, Lobelia, Salvia, Calendula and some Night Stock. All indoors of course as the frosty nights aren't gone here yet. 
But there were some signs of emerging colour as you can see. The top pic is pretty rubbish as my wee camera isn't too hot at macro shots, but the colour is vibrant. The middle pic is of a young eucalyptus I planted about 18 months ago and it's just shooting up.
The bottom one is a young tree which I planted at the same time and I don't have a clue what it is, but it's bonny, and it's Spring.















3 comments:

  1. I believe that the bottom tree is a 'flowering purple plum' or 'purple cherry plum' or 'flowering cherry plum' or words to that effect. And that is a wonderful pic of it with the green in the background. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purple Cherry Plum?..... Is this tied up with your latest painting by any chance? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought I get into so much trouble with flowers! lol!

    ReplyDelete