Friday 3 April 2009

Daffodils, bandstand and bridge



The top pic shows Magdalen Green in Dundee. The bandstand was built in 1890 and is an iconic Dundee image, immortalised by the paintings of James McIntosh Patrick (1907-1998). I took these last weekend, you can just catch the Tay Rail Bridge to the left of the bandstand and the distant Fife skyline.  The bottom pic looks west up the River Tay towards Perth, the bench looked particularly inviting considering the absence of people and dogs, so I took the opportunity for a wee bit of tranquility.

6 comments:

  1. Such a pretty srping day, I miss banks of daffs over here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... all that wonderful scenery without pesky people getting in the way! Pure bliss...

    Ya know, I lived in England for five years and I don't think that I ever saw a band in a bandstand...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sky day and yellow beauty.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Mary Elizabeth.
    From Now and Then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah - Tell me what you miss seeing, I'll try to find it!

    ms tb - where did you live in England?

    Mary Eliz - And the same to you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lived in "almost Suffolk"... ahem... very north.... (cough) Essex (cough)... in a wee place called Wivenhoe. Loved Wivenhoe but the surroundings... not so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THAT IS A GREAT SIGHT OF A GREAT BAND STAND

    ReplyDelete